Gladstone Region Regional Arts Development Fund (RADF) Funding Presentation
GLADSTONE REGIONAL COUNCIL CREATES ARTS FOR ALL QUEENSLANDERS
Projects in Gladstone Region will come alive as part of one of the State’s most active arts programs, announced Cr Gail Sellers, Mayor.
“The Regional Arts Development Fund is a partnership between the Queensland Government and regional councils and the latest round of grants for Gladstone Region include:
• Conspire Isis, Original play Summer Project - Bower Bird and Short + Sweet 10 Minute Play Festival
• Creative Regions Ltd - Circa Creative Recovery project 2014
• Gladstone Aquatic Centre - Animating Spaces 2014 Gladstone Region Flow
• Michael Lunan - The Chrysalides Musical
• Paul Suska and Lenore Cannon - Recording, mixing, mastering original music CD
• Janie Petersen - Land art outreach project
• Kathy McLachlan - Attend millinery workshop during McGregor Summer School
• Gladstone Thistle Pipe Band - Host Pipe Band Drumming workshop
• Boyne Tannum Arts Business & Community Assoc Inc. - Mosaic public art project stairs at Tannum Sands.
A Funding Presentation ceremony will be held at the Gladstone Aquatic Centre during the official launch of the Splash Zone, 10am - 2pm Sunday 17 October 2013,
Arts Minister Ian Walker said the Regional Arts Development Fund supports more than 3000 arts and cultural projects each year.
“In 2013–14, the Queensland Government will provide $2.037 million, with another $1.49 million coming from 55 Queensland councils,” Mr Walker said.
“This means $3.5 million for arts and cultural projects across the state, enabling communities to choose projects to meet their own needs and opportunities.
“Partnerships like this are a primary focus in the way the Newman Government invests in the arts,” Mr Walker said.
The Regional Arts Development Fund also delivers on the State Government’s Arts for all Queenslanders strategy.”
For the more information on the Gladstone Region RADF go to http://gallerymuseum.gladstonerc.qld.gov.au
Di Paddick, Gladstone Region RADF Liaison Officer
Phone: 4976 6766 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org